Academic qualification at least at a BA/BSc level or Level 1 of Seminary Studies
Note 1: The following applicants are exempted from the above condition:
1-1 High School students ranked 1 to 3 of International Olympiads
1-2 Inventors and discoverers holding patents
1-3 Undergraduate students of library sciences of year 2 and higher
Note 2: University or seminary students should submit a recommendation letter from their academic or seminary institutions with their subject of research specified. This will enable them to use the NLI’s facilities per case and for a maximum period of one month.
1-4 Researchers and authors with at least 2 published articles in scholarly journals or one monograph (written or translated)
1-5 Applicants other than the above categories will be considered per case.
Submission of a copy of all pages of applicant’s birth certificate which carries holder’s photograph
One 3 x 4 full-portrait photo of applicant
Completion of application form.2.Permanent Membership
Academics with full professorship receive permanent memebership.3. Special Membership
Members of Iranian academies of sciences, arts, literature, as well as distinguished scholars are admitted as Special Members. These members can use the facilities of both the National Library and the National Archives.
4. Access to manuscripts and rare books
Such materials are available to:
1. Academic members of universities and seminary lecturers
2. Postgraduate and seminary students
3. Researchers other than Iranian nationals should submit a letter of recommendation from their employer (academic or research institutions) in order to apply for membership. Alternatively, they might ask their embassies or cultural representatives in Tehran to issue them such letter
4. Applicants other that the above categories should submit a letter of recommendation from their employer or academic institution, plus a written request for membership. Their eligibility to use the collections of manuscripts and rare books by such applicants will be decided by the officer in charge of the department.
All Rights Reserved by National Library and Archives Organisation of Iran